For People Who:
- Could benefit from the many services and resources available in this area for seniors, caregivers and families of seniors.
- Resources include, education, friendship, activities such as tours and excursions, special projects or volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Many support resources have been compiled by Mountainland Aging and Family Services who are “dedicated to providing education, resources and services that empower aging adults to thrive at home and in our community.”
How it Works:
A list of resources and activities include:
- SeniorMissionary.LDS.org— Explore over 30 meaningful mission experiences—whether close to home or across the world—that will allow you to serve the Lord and bless others.
- Elder Quest— among other things, Elder Quest is an opportunity to broaden intellectual horizons, pursue studies of many kinds, on a peer-taught basis, associate with adults who share common interests, and enjoy recreational and social activities in informal settings. You may click here for a Calendar of Classes and Luncheons.
- How to Thrive After 55!—fun, educational and culturally broadening activities for seniors. Powerpoint presentation by Fran Reiser.
- Mountainland Aging—An index of more than 50 Services and resources for seniors, caregivers, and families of seniors.Resource Categories, Mountainland Aging
- AssistedLiving.org – a guide that provides comprehensive information on topics like available care options, financial support, and free resources that are available from each state.
- Senior Missionaries
- Jobs for Seniors
- Caregiver Support
- Medicare Counseling
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Chronic Disease Information and Support
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Information and Support
- Estate and Mortgage Information
- Disability Services
- Legal Services
- Hearing Services
- Support Groups
- Vision Services
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Volunteers
- Orem Senior Friendship Center— “The hottest place in town for anyone 55 and older! Join us for Tai Chi, Zumba, Line Dancing! Make something unique in our wood shop or ceramics class. Enjoy a movie every Monday with free popcorn. More than anything, just come and enjoy new friends, great food and lots of fun!”
- Asbestos Disease Awareness— Seniors encompass roughly 80% of those diagnosed with Mesothelioma, learn more about it here.
- Mesothelioma.net – This cancer support group is dedicated to provided all the latest information available to senior citizens diagnosed with mesothelioma who may require assisted living. Read more here.
- MesotheliomaGuide.com – Often mesothelioma patients are faced with an intimidating prognosis, but a prognosis is just a prediction. Patients can take action to treat their disease and improve their condition. Read more here.
Please use the links above to contact the organization you have questions about.