For People Who:
- For individuals with social and emotional challenges. LDSFS helps church leaders care for these individuals both members and nonmembers. Those needing help need to be referred by their bishop (except for the addiction recovery program).
How It Works:
Counseling Services (For more information visit ldsfamilyservices.org)
- LDSFS provides individuals with short term, specialized care. https://providentliving.lds.org/lds-family-services/counseling-services?lang=eng
- Counseling for Single Expectant Parents https://providentliving.lds.org/lds-family-services/single-parent?lang=eng
- Help in accessing community resources for counseling
- Adoption consultation and referrals https://providentliving.lds.org/lds-family-services/adoption-resources?lang=eng
- Pre-mission evaluation for bishops to use as needed https://providentliving.lds.org/lds-family-services/missionary-services?lang=eng
- Early released missionaries, counseling and group meetings https://providentliving.lds.org/lds-family-services/missionary-services?lang=eng
Addiction Recovery Program
- Helps individuals overcome addictions to pornography, alcohol, drugs and other behaviors through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 12 Step Program, Spouse and Family Support groups are also available, meetings are free. Details, meetings and individual study resources are available at arp.lds.org also overcomingpornography.org
- Helps individuals who are having thoughts of suicide or have made an attempt, are worried about someone and want to help, or have lost someone by suicide. https://www.lds.org/get-help/suicide
Strengthening Marriage and Strengthening the Family Courses
- Found in Gospel Library/family or order from Church Distribution.
Other Online Resources
- Provident Living – providentliving.org – provides resources for Individuals and families to develop self-reliance.
- Mormon and Gay – mormonandgay.org – provides resources for those dealing with same-sex attraction as well as helpful information for leaders and families.
Who To Contact
For more information and for assistance with other needs not specifically mentioned above please contact the LDS Family Services Office (Famfirstname.lastname@example.org or 801-422-7620) also Elder Dennis & Sister Lynette Butler by filling out the form below.